These past few years of running I have been building my identity as a runner. And I like thinking of it that way. I'm really not sure what got me out there in the beginning. What motivated me to start, but I'm sure thankful I did. I've learned more about myself in the long miles of solitude than i could have ever hoped to learn anywhere else.
I know being pregnant I cannot expect to go out and PR on any of my runs/races... but just being out there makes me proud of myself. And I know I will get myself back to where i was- and even better.
My 2013 running goals:
1. Pass 2 mile Army PT test run by January
2. Run 3 to 5 times a week in the winter
3. Join the Valley Women's Running Team (March?)
4. Run 4 to 6 times a week in the summer
5. Colony Days 5K in 30min or less
6. Women's 5 miler in 50min or less
7. Train for a 10K and a Half- Run in August/September...
Don't forget this girl.