Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Positive thoughts

I left you all with a very sad post!  So lets stay positive with this one, shall we?

I had SUCH a great weekend!  Linnea came from Colorado just to see me!  maybe the beach had something to do with it too.  But it was a lot of fun.  Went snorkeling, hiking, went on the zip line again, ate some really good food and had a whole weekend of girl talk.  It was all so much needed. I seriously have some amazing friends...



I finally have help at work!!  woot!  We had a meeting last week with the contract people... I pleaded my case once again.  i really didn't expect a different outcome.  But they decided that with work getting much busier, I needed someone (duh).  Eva is now doing only Medical!!  She helps me so much... It is super awesome to have her working with me. 

Also... Work is super busy.  But this being a positive post... I gotta say, I'm doing awesome.  All my hard work and preplanning is paying off.  The troops on the ground have been a challenge, however... I am learning how to be firm.  :)  Which for those of you who know me... I'm just a big softy that smiles too much and who doesn't know how to be mean.  haha... but I'm learning my own style of leadership.  Which I am very proud of.

I signed up for the Turkey Trot 10K this saturday.  Very exciting!  i've decided that i will sign up and run 2 races a month.  i enjoy having something to train for... other than a PT test.  Which is in 3 weeks btw.  *sigh* no pressure! lol.  No, I'm feeling pretty confident with that too!  which is rare. 

TJ and I are in the middle of a weight loss competition!  I lost last week... but! I lost weight.. haha... so really I won.  And this week is going to be better! :) i expect to lose all the weight I gained while the family visited and hopefully a couple more before the comp is over.

37 days till i'm home for Christmas.  That's right!!  Ticket is bought by my wonderful husband... and i get to be home for 10 glorious days!!!  Watch out Palmer Alaska... your biggest fan will be home soon!!

Did i mention Christmas??  oh yea.  I've been shopping early this year!  And the gifts are going to be well thought out and wonderful.  Can't wait to give give give!  Esspecially TJ's gift.  I'm so excited to see him poop himself when he opens it. HA! This Christmas is just going to be so special and i cannot wait!

hows that for a positive attitude??

No comments:

Post a Comment