Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Soldiers don't cry.

Esspecially not Officers. 

However, this officer is a very sensitive female.  Who literally has no one but herself to rely on during this mobilization.  And sometimes... I forget I'm a soldier and an officer and cry.

I've always said that we all have bad days to remind us how good the good ones are.  Today was rough.  I felt as though no one here understands me.  No one here is on my side.  Laurel vs the world.  Most of the time I am up for the fight... but today I just wasn't. 

When I got home from my long day I checked my mail.  1 Letter.  Better than none.  From my Aunt Janet.  She ended her letter with my Grandma Pollock's favorite scripture, the one placed on her grave.

"I will lift up my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth"
Psalms 121:1-2

Maybe someone is on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment